Developing Sales and Service: The Art of Customer Engagement
Does your organisation need to:
Attain – “Win” more business.
Maintain – “Keep” existing customers and the clients who give you that business.
Retain – “Save” and not lose clients, when your competitors are knocking at their door.
Whether your focus at present is on one or maybe two of the above, all three are vital in the art of customer engagement. We work with you to identify areas needing improvement and establish what remedies need to be in place to achieve your business targets.
Building high performing sales and service teams
Our belief is that there is a Natural Sales person inside all of us, we just need to recognise it, embrace it and develop it. So what’s the ‘it’? The “it” is the natural talent we possess that makes it easy for us to get the results we want. In sales that could be seen as:
- a confidence and ability for closing the sale
- a natural empathy which gains instant rapport with customers
- a deep knowledge and understanding of your product and organisation
- an infectious enthusiasm and passion which inspires others to buy
Not many people have a natural talent for all the above and you don’t need it. However, whilst we help you focus on what you are good at, we also show you how to step up your less naturally occurring skills when you need to.
Most people sell in their own style. This is natural and therefore easy, but what happens when you get that “difficult” customer? Many sales training programmes are based around a sales process: The steps to the sale. To ensure we close both the “easy” and the “difficult” customers, our sales and service programmes start with a process of engagement:
- Engage with yourself – an awareness of your own style and how you come across to others. What stops you from performing at your very best?
- Engage with your product and organisation – This is less about product knowledge and more about really understanding and getting passionate about the value of your products and services.
- Engage with your customer – Getting in natural rapport with each customer ensures you connect on their level to achieve a stronger, more sustainable relationship.
What is a customer worth to your business?
No matter what figure you come up with, the actual answer is that they are invaluable. With any customer or client, you should provide the best service to them so that they not only want to come back but they become advocates of your organisation. This cannot be underestimated in marketing terms.
Good customer service inspires customer loyalty. It ensures they keep on coming back to you, and if you do a really great job, your customers will provide you with more customers.
What we offer
Using the TetraMap® Model of Behaviour, we build customer centered, development programmes based on the 3 levels of engagement.
To ensure you Win, Keep & Save business, our programmes deliver:
- Skills and techniques to attain business.
- High level pitching.
- Developing a sales team.
- Face to face or telephone.
- 1-1 or group presentations.
- Maintaining customer engagement. Building authentic relationships which have real meaning and value.
- Retaining the business. Knowing your competitors and what they offer and how to negotiate with your clients when price is the “deal breaker”.
Field Sales Support
Talk to us if you need a ready made, field sales force. We have a nationwide resource of highly skilled, professional sales people who can support you out in the field on a short or long term basis.